May 5, 2011

Due Date

Life has been super busy and hectic since my delivery due date, March 21, 2011. I finally had my beautiful baby boy, Omar Ismael. He was 7lbs 8oz, 19 inches. He was a little guy compared to my first born who's weight was a whopping 9lb 10oz. Boy, life with multiples is for sure much harder than what I thought it would be. The first two weeks were truly the hardest. I was trying to cope with having to adjust my schedule and breaking my time in half to care for my newborn without completely neglecting my 3 year old. It was heart breaking when my hands were occupied with my newborn and my 3 year old was trying to get my attention and I simply couldn't give it to him as I did before. Before Omar was born, Damian was everything to us. Not to mention he was the very first grandchild. He was spoiled rotten and he knew that our life revolved around his. Not only have I had to adjust to this new life of multiples but so has Damian. At night, while I am nursing Omar, Damian wants me to cuddle with him, scratch his back and sing him to sleep as I did before Omar's birth. Although, I can't cuddle with him or scratch his back he sometimes falls asleep cuddling his little arms around me as I sing him to sleep (tear). It hurts that I can't devide my self into two.

It's been almost two months now and we are just getting into a routine. My husband and I are still working out the kinks but things are much better. I no longer feel like the worst mother in the world. As far as my little Damian goes, he has become such a little helper with his little brother and although I can no longer give him my up most attention he knows that mommy loves him and he is very understanding of our new life with baby Omar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers