Jan 13, 2011

Gestational Diabetes

I have been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes (GD) for about five months now. I have learned how to control it and even out carb's with protein. But what's the fun of being pregnant if I can't eat and indulge on junk food and sweets? It's not fair. My taste buds constantly crave a banana split, a piece of strawberry cheesecake, a root beer float or a box of See's Nuts & Chews. I was diagnosed with GD early on in my pregnancy and I was expecting it considering that I also had GD with my first pregnancy. Still a part of me was hopping that this pregnancy would be different, at least in that aspect. I feel so restricted with the things I want to eat. I envy those that are pregnant and can be free with satisfying their cravings with what ever their pregnant taste buds can handle. To all the pregnant women that are riding on the same boat as me, hang in there and be strong. As for me, I have two more months to go and my husband has been instructed to bring me a Baskin Robins Ice Cream Cake during my hospital stay after the delivery, can't wait!

Here is a link for those of you who want to learn more about Gestational Diabetes.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_gestational-diabetes_2058.bc

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for visiting my site and following me. I’m following you back. I’m sorry to hear about the gestational diabetes. At least things should go back to normal after you have the baby, and you can eat all the banana splits that you want! (This post did make me hungry).

    -DP
    Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies

    ReplyDelete

Followers