Jan 15, 2011

Waking up to the smell of pancakes

I am counting down the day's until I can get a good night sleep without having to get up to use the restroom several times during the night. Of course these nights will be replaced with waking up feeds but at least I wont be running towards the bathroom with the sensation of being on the verge of having an accident. Last night was one of the worst nights for me. I was so uncomfortable. My stomach is getting in the way of everything. My back hurts, my feet are starting to get a bit swollen, I have gas and constipation, Ahhhh. If it's not one pregnancy related symptom it's another. I finally fell asleep around 3:30 a.m. and my wonderful husband didn't wake me up and took Damian out to the living room to entertain him when he awoke. Through my sleep I heard him telling Damian, "momma is sleeping and needs more sleep, lets go outside". I thought, wonderful a couple more hours of sleep. I ended waking up around 9:30 to the smell of pancakes and eggs with bacon. I swear I married the most wonderful man there is. He prepared breakfast for our family and made me pancakes with one of my favorite ingredients "walnuts". Due to his temporary disability (which I will discuss in a later post), during the first few months of pregnancy he wasn't very helpful but not because he didn't want to be it was because he couldn't. However, now that he is slightly better he is so attentive and helpful with my pregnancy needs. I am truly fortunate to have such a helpful and understanding husband.

1 comment:

Followers